UKRO is proud to be an Official Charity Partner of the 2017 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, which takes place Sunday, March 19, 2017.
Join Team UKRO in the Charity Relay and run alongside kidney and stem cell researchers racing and raising funds to cure kidney disease at the USC/UKRO Kidney Research Center! The 2-person Charity Relay is held within the Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon. Runners split the distance (12.9 and 13.3) to cover the entire 26.2 miles.
- Training and fundraising tips
- Official Team UKRO race shirt
- Personal online fundraising page
- Fundraising incentives and prizes
Here’s how it works:
We will have FIFTEEN relay teams in this event.
- Commit to fundraise for Team UKRO and raise a minimum amount of $650.
- Find a friend to run the relay with you and come up with a fun name for your 2-person team. You will register together on a special registration link that UKRO will provide to you.
- We’ll help you set up your personal fundraising page, where you can share your motivation for joining our cause, your training progress, photos, videos, and more.
To find out how you can join Team UKRO, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: LA Marathon.
The money raised by Team UKRO will fund kidney disease research at the USC/UKRO Kidney Research Center at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California.